TALK TO EXPERTS
FSSAI has the expansion as Food Safety and Standards Authority of India. It is an independent body and it has its establishment by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. It had its creation under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 with the objective of promoting food hygiene and safety in India. The FSSAI registration in Coimbatore or license location is exclusive and is also for a term. All food businesses which expect an annual turnover of Rs. 3 lakh or more have to register themselves with the FSSAI of the state in which the food business is operating. In order to ensure the availability of safe and healthy food for human consumption, registration of food business is mandatory in India to control their production, storage, distribution and sale. It is generally applied to small businesses.
Some documents need to be provided for verification of ownership and proof of accreditation of the Food Business Partner during the FSSAI License period:
PAN card / Aadhaar card.
Passport size photo.
The latest utility bill.
FSSAI registration in Coimbatore needs a copy of the registered office rental agreement.
Copy of property papers.
Properly filled form which needs to be signed by any director / proprietor / partner / executive member of the society.
Nomination in the Form 9.
Self-declaration by the director.
Affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper.
For state license
FSSAI registration in Coimbatore requires Blueprint or layout of the entity.
List of equipment and machinery that is installed or to be installed in the space.
Letter of authority.
For Central License
IEC (Import Export Code).
FSSAI registration in Coimbatore requires Proof of annual turnover.
MOA and AOA.
List of Directors.
List of products.
Notice and affidavit required under the Act.
Conditions for FSSAI registration
- Food business organizations are required to display a genuine copy of the license issued in Form C at a prominent location on campus. Rest restaurant rentals also always need to display a food safety display board.
- The FBO (s) will grant licensing officers and / or their authorized employees the necessary access to the premises of the food business when required or requested,
- It is important to notify licensing authorities of any changes to food business activities or information for licensing. The FBSO can then apply for the required change in the FSSAI license.
- The FBO will hire at least one technician to oversee the food production process. Supervising personnel must have at least one qualification (diploma or graduate) relevant in the field of food science or any other department as per the specific requirements of the profession of the recognized institution or university. At least one technical person, or food safety supervisor trained by FSSAI, will also be appointed in the rest restaurant rent.
- The food business operator will not manufacture or manufacture any product on the operator premises, which is not indicated in the FSSAI license or FSSAI registration.
- It is important to maintain a separate record for daily raw material use, production and sales. The restaurant is exempt from this condition.
- Food businesses will also have to test their products of relevant chemical and microbial parameters at least once in six months as per FSSAI rule. These tests may be taken by oneself or by NABL accredited or by FSSAI proposed laboratory.
- Form A for registration and Form B for licensing should have filing on the basis of the annual turnover of the business.
- Fill out the application form with all the food business details on the FSSAI website
- Your form will have creation after the business administrator sends all the required documents via the specified email to the site.
- The application along with the documents will have filing with the local Food Business Fisher by a professional like Advocate, CA and CS.
- After inspection and regular follow-up, the license then mailed to the business operated by the department.
Other than the legal benefits of licensing / registering a business through FSSAI, such as:
Consumer Awareness – Compared to the past, the present day consumer is very well aware and knowledgeable about the quality of the food they consume and with the demand to increase healthy and safe food, will be registered under FSSAI, which will bring responsibility and reassurance. Consumers are concerned that the quality of food is good and its intake is safe for them. It will generate loyalty from the customer side and therefore increase the business.
Public Acceptance – With the licensing / registration of FSSAI’s business, it basically declares that the food is safe for consumption by the people and the government officially approves it thus creating public acceptance of the business.
Business Expansion – Reputation and Goodwill builds automatically with FSSAI license /FSSAI registration which can now be used to expand the business in a new direction as it helps in obtaining bank loans and funds for the business.
A packet of noodles, pasta or rusk you choose may soon come with added vitamins and minerals. After fortifying standards for staples, the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has issued micro-nutrition guidelines. This is to strengthen processed food products such as cereals, biscuits, bread, rusks, pasta, noodles, buns and fruit juices.
Companies that make such products can voluntarily fortify them with micro nutrients. Products that are high in fat, salt and sugar have exclusion from the fortified processed food category. “Fortified processed foods may contain staples. It is present there as raw materials and may be fortified with micro nutrients. And also additives approved under the Food Safety and Standards (Food Product Standards and Food Additives) Regulations, 2011.”
The FSSAI restricts the amount of fortification that can add to 15-30 percent of the average daily diet level. This is to ensure balanced consumption of fortified products of micro nutrients. “Fortified Processed Food provides 15-30 per cent of the Indian Adult RDA of micro nutrients. It is based on the average caloric intake of processed foods ,” he said. This is an average of one-third of the daily energy requirement for an adult.